.

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Summer of Love - Handmade Journal

I am absolutely besotted with this handmade journal by creative mastermind Hannah behind the blog 'Cave In The Clouds.' She has created a 'Summer of Love' mini-book using an old Child Craft book with full-page illustrations as her base, and it freaks my brain to see how beautifully this project of hers has turned out. She has dedicated this art journal to documenting her life and times over the summer season, and it is already unfolding magnificently.
As you may have read in my previous posts, I am moving to America in just over a month's time, and have my mind set on creating a travel journal to take with  me and document my own adventures. Let's just say, I am now ridiculously inspired. When I went over to Australia last year I kept a travel journal and over the three months filled it with experiences, photos and all kinds of memorabilia such as bus passes, flyers, restaurant serviettes and clothing tags. I loved every second of the journal  making process, and every so often I will flip it open and smile as all the memories of an unforgettable trip come flooding back. 
For my California journal, I already have bucket-loads of ideas to incorporate, and stumbling across other art journaling fanatics like Hannah, always help to spur me on to greater ideas.
I'll be sure to post pics of my own journal once it's underway.
But while you wait, head over to 'Cave in the Clouds' and have a look at what miss Hannah is up to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...