.

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Recreate

Today at work, the shop was a little bit on the empty side, thus making my job a little boring. In an attempt to be pro-active and make the best use of my time, I decided to go on an online hunt for potential new suppliers for the store.
I stumbled across one of THE most AMAZING websites I've visited in a long while, 'Recreate,' and it really got my creative pulse rate pumping.
The company run by Kate Thomas is described as being a manufacturer of 'Extraordinary recycled furniture,' and I couldn't agree more with the word 'extraordinary.'
On the web page in the 'About' section, I found this little exert that sums Recreate up in a nutshell:
"Using pieces of discarded junk, Katie recreates a unique, recycled range of furniture, lighting and interior accessories, each piece infused with its own previous character but with a new function. By blending South African craftsmanship, with high end finishes and her own eclectic perfectionist flair, Katie creates an original end product with a new integrity that epitomizes the very best of South African design."

The talent and creativity of this woman has just blown me away and I am very thankful to her for being another person on my list to truly inspire me and awaken my creative senses.
Anyway, enough with the babbling from me, below are some of the images from the Recreate website. Please do go and visit and check out their full range.



(All images: Recreate)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...