.

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Is it too late for a Christmas post?

Christmas always comes around faster than you can say "Bob's your uncle".

I remember seeing Christmas decorations in the stores in October and thinking, 'these money raged retail outlets have gone bonkers' ....
And then, bang, I blinked twice and it was already time to eat the first chocolate from my advent calendar (That is just a metaphor, I don't have an advent calendar this year. Thanks mom)

Probably my favourite thing about the festive season is the shopping. I love going to the malls and walking around until my feet are throbing trying to find the perfect gifts for my friends and family. I love the christmas carols that jingle in your ears wherever you go and I love seeing little kids with cheesy grins pasted across their faces as they sit on Santa's lap and tell him what they want in their stockings.

I also love the wrapping of the gifts. I tend to actually go a little overboard and sometimes spend more money on the wrapping than I do on the actual gifts. I buy the most expensive paper, ribbons, tags and anything else that can pretty up my gifts. I love receiving amazingly wrapped presents, so I guess that's why I like to give them too. I spend ages wrapping and beautifying my gifts and once they are under that tree, looking ravishing, that's when it all pays off.


(Above images from Kiki K website)

(Image from Nora Griffin blog)

(Image - The Pretty Blog)
 


(Some photos of the gifts I am giving to my family this year)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...