.

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

She's not a teenager no more

Last Sunday the 9th I departed from my teenage years and migrated north towards my twenties. This was my third consecutive birthday away from home and no matter how many times you do it, not being with family when you're celebrating your birth is never ideal. 
But praise be to the good lord above for blessing me so extensively with a group of friends here in California that loved me enough to make me feel like a million bucks on my birthday. I was spoiled like Comic Sans on a business card and got to eat my body weight in sugar whilst surrounded by a whole lot of good-looking friends. That's what dreams are made of.
But in all seriousness, I cannot explain how thankful I am for the years that lie behind me and all those that await me. This birthday, I was thankful for life and God's presence that has been so freely given to me. He didn't have to fashion me, number my days and fill them with all kinds of beautiful people, places and memories, but out of love, he birthed me into existence and it is his love that has held me all these years. So, as I step into the new adventures that this new decade presents, I know I am moving forward into new depths of maturity as an individual, whilst also learning what it means to stay childlike and never lose the youth that is mine in timeless place in which my spirit dwells. Childlikeness means joy, unashamed expression of individuality and remaining teachable no matter how much you've learnt in life.
So here's a toast to life, living it well and never losing the spring in my step that comes from knowing what a gift it is to be alive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...