.

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Where words fail, music speaks

This is a post dedicated to the bands and duos I am loving lately; their songs have been on constant replay on my iPod and their quirky lyrics have inspired a post on my blog.
Music colours my life with the brightest hues.

Belle and Sebastian


"You are too young to put all your hopes into just one envelope" - Belle and Sebastian

"The World was at her feet and she was looking down" - Belle and Sebastian


"Colour my life with the chaos of trouble" - Belle and Sebastian


Angus and Julia Stone:


"I spilled the ink across the page trying to spell your name
So I fold it up and i flick it out
Paper Aeroplane"


"I know our love did rust away
But through that window came a better day
So don't close the blinds
Cause you're my light"
 

"He offered me the universe
But inside my heart there's a picture of a girl."


"The pretty colours on that summer dress, babe
You're all the things that fall from the sky
The sun, the rain, the moon, the light, babe
So come on down to this earthly being
And I'll hold you close when you're in need, babe"
Noah and the Whale
 

"Last night, I had a dream

We were inseparably entwined
Like a piece of rope made out of two pieces of vine
Held together, holding each other
With no one else in mind
Like two atoms in a molecule
Inseparably combined"

"And if love is just a game
Then how come it's no fun?
If love is just a game
How come I've never won?
I guess maybe it's possible I might be playing it wrong
And that's why every time I roll the dice
I always come undone"
 

"We're just
Two Bodies with just one Heart"

"Oh I feel the bond
Oh between your heart and mine
And it's the bond that won't break
With the displacement of time."

The Smiths
 

"If a double decker bus crashes into us
To die by your side is such a heavenly way to die."


"Nature is a language. Can't you read?" 


Two Door Cinema Club


"An opportunity
You can't afford to waste
So have the lines in your head first
For heaven's sake."

 


 "Difference in opinion was never an issue
Collect all your questions
Because this time we've all night."


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...