.

Monday, December 3, 2012

Ramblings

Cabin fever is no urban myth. My weekend can testify to that fact quite auspiciously. The cause: my diligent over-achiever tendencies met with three lengthly assignments and a stormy weather from hell's armpit. The result: Not seeing the light of day for prolonged periods of time and cabin fever in it's purest form.
Now that the weekend is over and I've annihilated those assignments, I am ready for an intravenous shot of fun and all things light-hearted and whimsical. This afternoon as I slammed that final book shut in victory, I had to reward myself with inhaling some fresh country air, so I slipped into my combat boots, put on my fingerless gloves and my room-mates military jacket (I've demanded she leave this to me in her will), and took a lonesome stroll to my local Trader Joe's store for no reason other than to have thai curry samples and a tot of gingerbread coffee. There is such thing as a free lunch, apparently. 

It has come to my attention however that all work and no play makes Jess a dull girl and so this week, so help me God, I will have fun, whether it be in the form of a Settler's of Catan showdown, an O.C marathon, or a latte sipped across from a witty friend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...