.

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Recipes: Tried & Tested (Part 1)

 Every now and then, I actually end up making something that I've seen on Pinterest, sometimes it's a hit, other times a miss, but this recipe I found was a definite winner worth blogging about. These little Hershey Kissi-Pies are not only the cutest little delicacies (I'm all about ascetics when it comes to baking) but they taste divine and area stupidly easy to make. I thought I'd share the recipe that I found at Picky Palate, especially with the holidays coming up, because these are the perfect little holiday treats; they look a lot like Christmas to me. I actually made my second batch of these tonight for a friend's birthday party, and they went down like a dream. 
Instructions:
{Preheat oven to 350F}
1.) Get out your ingredients of pie crusts and your choice of Hershey Kisses (I love the dark ones personally)
2.) Roll out your pie crust onto a surface prepped with flour and space the kisses out evenly
3.) Cut a circular shape around each chocolate (The size of the circle is dependent on how big you want to make them, your choice entirely)
4.) Fold the two opposite sides of the circle together
5.) Fold the remaining two sides together and press firmly until the correct shape is formed.
6.) Paint each kiss-pie with some egg
7.) Drizzle a small amount of sugar onto each 
8.) Space out evenly onto a greased baking tray and bake for plus/minus 20-25 minutes (until golden brown)
9.) Sprinkle with some powdered sugar and serve warm. Enjoy. 

{All images and recipe from Picky Palate}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...