.

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

I apologise if you're standing too close and I happen to leak happiness

There are those few-and-far-between moments in life, when you happen to catch yourself taking a step back, looking at your own life as an outsider would, and thinking "I wasn't aware that it was allowed to be this good." You know those times when you even feel slightly guilty at the degree of bliss you get to partake in daily? Yes, well I've been having one of the above-mentioned weeks. No wait, I think it's been a month. Yes, that's correct.


The root of my 'joy unspeakable' in this season can be wholeheartedly attributed to the goodness of God which has been like the big red ribbon banding together all sorts of fulfilled dreams into one package of answered prayers. 
Just a few months ago I made a decision, and while I am not one for giving God ultimatums, I knew that if he did not radically show up on the scene, I would have had to watch all my plans slip through my fingers. But of course, God-of-the-11th-hour came through as I knew he would, and here I am living a life that is tipping the pleasure scale. 


Why so elated with life and times? Well I think it's one part due to the fact that I get to wake up every day in a foreign country that I have fallen in love with. Another part because I get to 'study' subject matter that my heart burns passionately for, and then of course there's the fact that every person I get to do life with this year fits into the highest caliber of 'legendary.' Oh, and I'm also watching my dreams unfold before my eyes as I live and grow in this 'greenhouse' environment of love and honor. Heaven on earth? Something like that. 


The moral of my own story, is simply this: Do what makes YOU happy. Find out what it is you truly desire, burn for, yearn for, and then take a risk along the road leading to dreams fulfilled. There isn't enough breath in our lungs to entertain the thought of wasting time doing things for which we lack passion. 
People-pleasing can be expensive. It can cost you your dreams or better yet, your happiness.  


So here's a toast to life, times, happiness and the wonderful thought that we are still yet to live some of our best days. La Bella Vita. 

1 comment:

  1. It really sounds exciting doing what you love in a place you love. hope everything goes well for you! xoxo :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...