.

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Herbed Hummus

I've decided to start a 'Recipes' section on my blog, mostly so that I can keep track of all the delish food findings I come across on the web, along with my own personal favourite conctions that are tried, tasted and adored. I am a bit of a 1950's housewife at heart, so cooking and baking need to be a featured on my blog me thinks.
Starting off with recipe number 1, we have a healthy, easy to make snack found on the 'Food Coma' blog via the Frankie Magazine Newsletter.
Recipe: Herbed Hummus

Herbed Hummus, makes 3-5 cups
Ingredients: 2 cans drained chickpeas, 1/2 cup packed Italian parsley, 1/3 cup olive oil (plus more to serve), salt and pepper to taste.
In a food processor, blend together the drained chickpeas and roughly chopped parsley. In a steady stream, while your processor is running, drizzle in the olive oil. Remove to a serving bowl and add salt and pepper to taste. When you are ready to serve drizzle just a bit more olive oil over the top, for looks but it taste great too:) I served mine with toasted baguette slices, but fresh cut veggies are great too! Try it with cucumbers or carrot sticks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...