.

Saturday, October 29, 2011

To Market , To Market


Living in the Northern Californian countryside has it's perks, especially considering the well-stocked vintage markets that have been popping up this fall.
A few weeks ago, I went with a few friends to the bi-annual Roses and Rust market just outside of Redding. Considering the fact that roses, trees, antiques and hand-made anythings are a few of the things that make me tick, I was in my absolute element. We spent a beautiful afternoon in the fall sunshine browsing all the divine booths that showcased everything from weathered furniture and books to collectables and clothing. The only thing holding me back from spending obscene amounts of money on old suitcases and furniture was the fact that they wouldn't fit so well on the plane going back to South Africa next year. 
My ministry school revival group pastor was actually one of the vendors at the market, and her stall 'A Royal Life' was a british-themed booth that sold intricately hand-crafted crowns as well as refurbished furniture which was absolutely beautiful. A Royal Life actually won the runner up for the best stall of the day. Well done Trisha!


 Last weekend, I went with two wonderful women to another market in the countryside town of Willows, and it was most lovely. Although it offered fewer vendors than the Roses and Rust market, I'll definitely say it was a lot more refined. Every single booth had the most incredible items on sale, and I happily found myself some vintage crafting supplies to stock up my collection. The venue was gorgeous, and a day of unwinding, browsing, and appreciating all things vintage was exactly what I needed. 


2 comments:

  1. Oh my, this looks like a fabulous market! Jealous, how fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nice things as I can see from the pictures. I wish I had a market of that sort near me, I would go wild!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...